A Home For The Holidays | Keeping your home on the market through the new year
A GREAT article from Zillow.com. This year there are more reasons than EVER to keep your home on the market through the holiday season. With more people shopping online than ever, more mobile devices searching the web, and historically low mortgage rates, now is the time to maximize your home’s visibility.
Should You Consider Listing Your Home During the Holidays?
Date:November 21, 2011 | Author:Brendon DeSimone | Category:Tips & Advice
As the holidays approach, I’m always asked the same questions:
- Should we keep our property on the real estate market or take it off?
- Do we list now, wait until after the first of the year, or hold off until spring?
In the past, conventional wisdom said you shouldn’t try to sell a home during the holidays. However, the old thinking doesn’t really apply any longer — thanks to the Internet and hectic lifestyles as well as traditional rules of supply and demand.
Whether to sell or not at the end of the year has to do with your particular situation and market. But in general, here’s some real estate advice about why you should consider listing your home during the holidays, or even in January.
Buyers are always looking for properties online
Historically, potential home buyers felt that the holidays were too hectic for home shopping. They were preoccupied with planning parties, cooking meals, buying presents or planning vacations. Going out with a real estate agent to look at properties conflicted with a busy holiday schedule. This made perfect sense — before the Internet, smart phones, and tablets came along.
About SUCCESS! Real EstateSUCCESS! Real Estate is a full service Real Estate company serving all of Massachusetts. Feel free to contact us anytime: firstname.lastname@example.org or (781) 848-9064.
- Colonial – 37 Wenonah Rd Wareham, MA 02532 is now new to the market! successrealestate.com/blog/post/1732 1 hour ago
- Colonial – 37 Wenonah Rd Wareham, MA 02532 is now new to the market! fb.me/AAyz4sJt 1 hour ago
- Another Property Sold – 15 Sherman St Canton, MA successrealestate.com/blog/post/1730 14 hours ago